Crown Alert Crown Saver System & Optional Alarms
All of the control panels come equipped with extra plugs capable of processing other alarms, such as low boiler pressure, floor saver, trip tank overfill, Eaton/Baylor brake monitor, accumulator pumps/BOP monitor, torque makeup and telescopic derrick extension limit, and more.
Crown Saver & Early Warning Buzzer
- Lower limit early warning buzzer provided on all triple rigs and some doubles.
- Brake is engaged and clutch is out when upper limit switch is triggered.
- Alarm and Light also on.
- Override button available but cannot be switched off. Push and hold to Bypass
- Automatically resets.
- Wired fail-safe. Self diagnostic "Ready Light".
Top Drive Anti-Collision System * NEW *Mustang Controls provides an anti-collision system to work in conjunction with your Crown Alert Crown Saver and apply the brakes to avoid a collision. The anti-collision system provides an adjustable window of protection around the monkey board but still allows for a full range of movement when picking up from the mouse hole.
The Anti-collision System can easily be added to your existing Crown Alert System and can be installed during a rig move..
Eaton or Baylor Brake Monitor Option
- Monitors the discharge flow in the cooling loop
- Can also monitor discharge temperature with an additional probe
- Alarm and Light due to the critical nature of this failure
- Can be wired fail-safe.
B.O.P. Saver Option
- Crown saver is activated when certain BOP rams are closed.
- Unplug for well control situation or hold bypass button to raise or strip
- Brake is on, clutch is out. Alarm and Light also.
- Normally non fail safe. Can be wired fail-safe.
Floor Saver Option on Top Drives
- Available for top drive systems.
- Brake is on and clutch is out. Alarm and Light also.
- Wired Fail-safe.
Boiler Pressure Monitor Option
- Monitors boiler pressure at an adjustable level ( i.e.: 50 psi)
- Indicator Light first. Has an override button that then triggers a cycling alarm.
Accumulator Monitor Option
- Light comes on when Accumulator Pump starts.
- If pump runs longer than set time, the alarm sounds to alert the driller.
Telescoping Extension Monitor
- Alarms and brakes when full extension is reached
Additional Add-Ons To Your Crown Alert Crown Saver!
- Oil Alert - Hydraulic pump shut down and warning due to low oil reservoir. Avoid expensive pump repairs.
- Fuel Alert - Avoid unscheduled power failures. Alerts the rig crew to low fuel condition.
- Engine Room Alert - Monitors all critical functions.
- Torque Makeup
- Pipe Rams Closed Monitor